Sunday, April 15, 2012

Reflection


I really enjoyed learning about the GAME Plan process.  It seems like a very easy to use tool that can be implemented in any aspect of teaching.  I can use it for myself when I set goals or for my students as well.  I created two goals in my game plan to help my students and myself.  My first goal was to evaluate and reflect upon current research and professional practice as well as looking at existing and emerging digital tools and resources to support student learning.  I was able to observe a teacher and ask him questions about the various ways he implements technology in his classroom.  I was also able to get a tour and observed an early start high school that was overflowing with technology.  Although I did not learn about new technologies, I did learn about existing technologies and how they can be implemented more efficiently in the classroom.   

I know that I have come a long way with what I have learned in this program and it has already impacted my instructional practice.  I have started to use many concepts with my students.  I would like to use online collaboration more with my students.  The students really enjoy the opportunity to work outside of the classroom and share their ideas with their classmates.  The students seemed to have a better sense of what it meant to share their ideas with each other.  I was getting input from students who would not normally offer any suggestions, comments, or ideas in class.  I was able to see where students still needed support in math.

There are many things that I would immediately like to begin.  One of the things is using digital storytelling more frequently.  The students really seem interested in doing their best when given the opportunity to come to the computer to record their voice or type.  While the students are taking their state test, I will be working on a Native American unit.  I will bring in the online collaboration component so my students will again have the opportunity to work from home on this project.  This time, I will let the students choose their group and see how it goes with them having that freedom.  One final thing that I would like to do, is share this information with my colleagues.  Many of them are afraid of technology.   If they could just see how much more engaged the students are, how much more effort the students put into their work, and learn, I know they would be just as excited as I am about technology in the classroom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment